How To Create Your Own Chrome Web Apps | VikiTech.com
Using the two pages up above, I created a Google Chrome app to link to my blog here. It is pretty simple, just follow the instructions. Here are some things that I overlooked and might make it easier for you. You will need to name the JSON file "manifest.json" using your notepad editor. Also create a new folder in the beginning.
Here is the end result - Download My Google Chrome App Drag the saved file over Chrome to Install.
Below is the code I used for my "manifest.json".
{
"name": "Jeff W Thomas Blog",
"description": "Connect with Jeff W Thomas, business analyst, political junkie, gamer, and most importantly family man!",
"version": "1.0",
"icons": {
"128": "128.png"
},
"app": {
"urls": [
"http://jeffwthomas.blogspot.com"
],
"launch": {
"web_url": "http://jeffwthomas.blogspot.com"
}
},
"permissions": [
"unlimitedStorage",
"notifications"
]
}
No comments:
Post a Comment