Last Wednesday after dinner I had a good dinner and had some bloating afterwords. My digestive track was boisterous letting me know that it was working and I thought nothing of it. Thursday came around and I had the most uncomfortable bloating and pain in my stomach. I took some Gas-Ex and Ibuprofen to get rid of it. That didn't help at all.
Friday came and I was watching the girls all by myself in the morning. I was in immense pain and apparently had a 101 degree fever as well. I was out of it. I knew that I needed to get some rest and get the girls over to grandma's house. As I was showering, I felt that my stomach pain was concentrated on my right side. Which was odd cause the day before it was my entire stomach. So after the shower, I got online and Dr. Googled myself. I knew then that something was wrong with my appendix.
I got the girls ready and myself; we were heading to grandma's. Right as I was doing that my wife came home. I looked at her and said, "I think I have appendicitis!" We got in the van and went straight to grandma's. She was telling me all about her hair appointment. We went straight to InstaCare. The doctor there told me he was 80% sure that I had appendicitis and would be in surgery in about 5-7 hours. He told me to go to the hospital emergency to have a CT Scan done.
We left InstaCare and drove straight to the emergency room. I had my vitals taken and withing 30 minutes had some morphine pumped into my IV. It sure does make you feel better. As the emergency doctor looked at me, he wondered it was Appendicitis or my Gall Bladder. A CT Scan would confirm either way.
I learned something about myself after the CT Scan. I have a horse-shoe shaped kidney. Also, it was confirmed that I had Appendicitis and was going into surgery in a few hours.
1913 was when I was rolled into the Operating Room. The next thing I remembered is I woke up in recovery, then woke up again in my room. I was exhausted and slept for awhile.
Today, as I write this, I am still recovering and will be back to "normal" next week or so.
Don't reduce all stomach pain to food poisoning or an upset stomach. It is much better to catch it before your appendix bursts. Instead of a overnight procedure, it takes a week to take care of.
Related articles, courtesy of Zemanta:
No comments:
Post a Comment